How to make a EC2 AWS backup and how to restore that backup using elastic block storage (EBS)
- Data Storage — EBS provides 8GB of primary storage for linux instances and 32GB of storage for windows instances.
- Data Availability — You can purchase secondary storage beyond that which will still be available when the primary storage is terminated.
- Data Persistence — Doesn’t get deleted automatically.
- Data Encryption — EBS uses Key Management Service (KMS) for encryption
- Snapshots — incremental backups, used to create multiple volumes.